Contemporary Renovation of Tudor Style Home in Washington DC
The client’s goal was to incorporate a new, larger and more modern kitchen design into their traditional Tudor-style home. They wanted to maintain a cohesive feel within the whole interior, increase the size of the lower level recreation room, and improve access to the outdoor spaces from both levels of the home.
The BOWA Solution:
The project included a one-story addition expand the kitchen and create space for a breakfast room and a basement addition under a new Ipe deck. Extensive remodeling of the kitchen, family room, dining room and entry hall improved flow throughout the home and improved access to the outdoors. Careful consideration was given to the selection of colors and materials to soften modern finishes and improve integration with the Tudor-style home. The newly renovated space is now fully-updated, yet maintains the aesthetic of a timelessly traditional home.
- European kitchen with Bulthaup cabinetry, caesarstone quartz, and aluminum countertops
- Limestone fireplace hearth and surrounds
- New butler’s pantry between kitchen and dining room
- Custom maple built-in cabinetry
- Ipe hardwood decking with custom stainless steel railing
- Standing-seam copper roofing