Traditional McLean Home Renovation
The homeowners, who are avid entertainers, wanted to renovate the interior of their dark, dated home to bring it in line with their wonderful exterior spaces. Additionally, the clients wanted to remodel their master suite to include his-and-hers closets and a new master bath.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA engaged architect Sarah Armstrong of Studio 360 to help develop the perfect solution. The team reworked the foyer staircase, creating a graceful barrel-vaulted archway with two large storage and coat closets underneath. The existing stone fireplace in the family room was replaced with a high-efficiency gas fireplace and custom built-ins offering both storage and display space. All the transitions between rooms were improved to create continuity and better flow, both visually and physically. A new home office features custom walnut paneling and built-ins, and tempered-glass pocket doors offer privacy while maintaining the flow of light through the spaces. The McLean home renovation also included a bright new kitchen with full-height cabinets and a stunning contrasting island. The homeowners are thrilled with their main-level spaces, which perfectly suit their love of entertaining, as well as their relaxing new master suite.
- Remodeled foyer stairway featuring custom railings and bronze balusters
- New custom hardwood flooring in foyer with inlaid French knot detail, all other floors refinished to match
- Taj Mahal polished granite in kitchen with complementary marble mosaic backsplash
- Home command center designed to store and charge home electronics
- Renovated master bath includes heated floors, stand-alone tub and frosted glass shower surround
- Custom his-and-hers walk-in closets and dressing areas
- BOWA assisted with needed maintenance items while on site, which offered an economical solution to the homeowners