McLean, Virginia Kitchen Renovation and Screened Porch Addition
To renovate a dated kitchen and add family living and dining space, a butler’s pantry and a screened porch while maintaining existing abundant natural light.
The BOWA Solution:
Borrowing square footage from the pool deck, the footprint of the home was extended from the rear wall of the kitchen for a sunroom addition and screened porch. An open-air porch with pergola was designed to complement the new spaces and enhance the transition to the outdoor pool area, while re-routing an interior staircase immediately improved traffic flow inside and created a sound barrier from the main level to the upstairs. The kitchen renovation includes two islands: one for meal preparation and another for dining, and the maple cabinets in contrasting finishes provide rich beauty and plentiful storage.
- High-end appliances including Wolf Dual Fuel Pro Range, Thermador Refrigerator and Freezer and dual Bosch dishwashers
- Custom maple cabinetry in contrasting finishes with soft close drawer guides
- Custom bookcases and display shelves, moldings and trim
- Coffered ceiling with light cove
- IPE flooring and beaded fir ceiling in screened porch