Green Building Features Abound in Bluemont, Virginia Custom Home
This client wished to incorporate the latest in green features and utilize green building practices for their new, contemporary home situated on over 100 acres in the Piedmont region of Virginia.
The BOWA Solution:
As part of the larger construction project, which included the home, pool and guest house, BOWA was able to provide expertise in green building, renewable solar energy and geothermal systems to help the homeowner achieve their objectives. Striking architectural elements also have a function, such as the solar chimney which serves as an all-house fan and provides a natural ventilation system.
- Custom natural stone fireplace brings the outdoors in
- Sleek, contemporary cook’s kitchen maximizes space and offers abundant storage
- Wide overhangs designed to block sun in summer and fin shades installed to allow unobstructed views
- Hot water and radiant floor heating, supplied via geothermal system, uses solar energy stored underground
- Whole house home automation controls allow homeowner to monitor, control and conserve resources in the home on site or remotely