Luxurious Whole-House Renovation in McLean, VA
When the owners moved from Leesburg to this home in McLean, they knew it would eventually be the perfect fit, but it required significant work. At the recommendation of a friend and BOWA client, they reached out to BOWA to get started. With a recent addition of a guest bedroom onto the house, it was ideal for a couple who anticipated frequent visits from both their adult children and older parents. The home was constructed in 2001 but hadn’t been suitably updated over the years. They felt it lacked the modern sensibilities and updated conveniences that would truly make this house a home.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA assembled and directed the perfect team, including architect Sarah Armstrong of Studio 360, to help this family create social spaces that would be inviting for both family and guests. A feeling of warmth throughout the home was a priority, so a blend of oak, glass, and earth metals was used to bring a calming touch of nature to each of the updated rooms. To improve cohesiveness for family gatherings, walls were removed to create open sightlines throughout the main level. Other added subtleties help to enrich the home’s character, including a hidden door embedded into a beautiful white oak slat wall that leads to a home theater and a warmly lit wine cellar beneath the basement stairway. The homeowner always dreamed of providing his family with a home worth living in, and with the help of BOWA and the team, this aspiration became a welcome reality.
- Gourmet kitchen features waterfall marble countertop with island seating
- Beautiful copper fixtures and faucets
- Elegant white wainscotting throughout the first floor
- Modern spiral staircase leads from her closet to a storage loft above
- Primary bath features glass-enclosed steam shower and sculptural soaking tub
- Black-framed windows and sliding doors bring the outdoors in
- Dedicated wine cellar, custom bar and golf room
- Featured on cover of May/June edition of Home & Design magazine