If you or someone you know is a registered Architect in the Washington DC area with experience in residential design build projects and a passion for delivering heroic customer service and the highest quality results, then we should talk! We have a great opportunity for a licensed residential Architect who is highly motivated, an expert in the design build process, skilled at leading a team, and looking to build a rewarding career.
The Residential Remodeling Architect is ultimately accountable for the design, drawings, and permitting of all projects designed in house. For projects designed with outside partners, the Residential Remodeling Architect will need to be involved to monitor for and potentially contribute to consistency and assurance that BOWA’s best practices are followed. The Residential Remodeling Architect is responsible for managing and coaching the Design Team while ensuring their performance and work product. The Residential Remodeling Architect and Design Team work closely with the Sales Team as they move clients through the design process and into construction.
Please reach out via the application below or contact us at [email protected].
- 35-year-old, privately held firm offering stock ownership
- Consistently ranked in Top 10 nationally for largest full-service & design build firms by Qualified Remodeler
- More than $750M in projects to date
- Stellar reputation, 80% of work repeat clients & referrals
- Award-winning company culture & solid core values
- Average tenure of 8.4 years, 26% of team over 16 years
- Committed to “Helping Families Improve Their Lives at Home” – applies to clients and team members!
- Direct, manage, and lead the Design Team
- Work closely with Sales and Production Teams to deliver a world-class, design build client experience and a full range of construction drawings/selections as needed
- Support Sales Team with drawings/modeling for sales presentations and early concepts
- Engage with clients to fully understand needs/goals
- Maintain design standards and best practices
- Drive design efficiency by evaluating/implementing technologies and assigning/amending workflow
- Responsible for our Design Library and client’s in-house selections experience
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of all plans developed by the team.
- Architecture license
- Undergraduate degree in design/architecture, Masters preferred
- 10+ years experience in residential design build
- Knowledge of local/national building codes and DMV permitting processes
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Expert with Matterport hardware/software
Visit Careers for information about benefits and other current openings.